This year July 13 I have planted 122 Mango trees in 1 Acre+ With little knowledge and without any home work .
Udgir, Dist: Latur - Maharashtra
1. Mango Spacing 20 X 20 Feet
2. Dug Pits of 2X2 Ft in May and filled with approx 4 Kg FYM and little boric powder ( SOme powder used to kill ants) . Suggested by local farmers.
3. Plants are mixed variety of Keshar, Ratna, Amrpali , Badam etc… procured from some nursary in AP. I guess Shri Sai Baba nursary. Not recollecting because local farmer helped to get it @ Rs. 140 / Plant.
4.I have done Drip Irrgiation recently
5. I had noticed some Disease on leaves, wherein they turned dark black, like some acid poured on them. Local farmer sprayed some solution and it reduced some extent.
6. As of today plants seen growing well.
7. I had taken interacrop of soyabean and turned out to be 7000 Kg in approx. 3 Months
8. Currently Intercrop is potato ( 1 Month old) and seems looking good.
9. Planned watermelon as intercrop in Jan .
Whatever I did was basis local farmers limited suggestions, who mostly follow Traditional farming of seasonal crops. Mostly Soybean , Jawar ,Sugarcane etc… But post joining farm nest , I am keen to follow correct and technical way of farming.
I am requesting experts to analyse whaterver I have done and help with corrections .