Intrested in mashroom cultivation

dear all,
i am interested in cultivation of mashroom in jaunpur U.P. and i need your suggestion. also where i can buy seed.

Dear Amitrid sir, Please meet the horticulture/Agriculture, Asst Directors at your place and Spawn/seed is available with them. A small 1 day trainings will be available with them. After taking a day training on mush room culture, you can start at house in a room at a low scale. A room of size 10 ft x 10 ft,with small wooden Racks around, to store the packets, Spawn to be purchased from Horti/Agri Depts,plastic covers of size 15 inch, Rubber bands, Dry grass etc are required. Cut the Dry grass in to 2 inch pieces, boil them in water, let it be cooled to normal temperature, Fill the plastic covers layer by layer with dry grass cuttings and keep Spawn at the edges on every layer of dry grass, after filling the plastic covers with dry grass layer and with spawn all around the cover edges, layer by layer, tie the plastic cover with rubber bands. put cuts at around the spawn spread areas on the covers and store them in the racks in the room. Keep the room cool. Keep sand on the room floor and tie jute old bags to the windows and entrance and sprinkle water on them so that room temperature will be at lower side than normal. The prefarable day room temperature for mushroom culture is around less than 30 C Slowly you will find the fungal like ,white growth on the dry grass,inside the covers will be observed and followed with developped mush rooms coming out from the cuts on the covers. Once they are matured, in right time remove them and market in the nearby Dept stores/Vegetable markets, fresh or dried. Keep good hygenic conditions as mush rooms are edible.The above said are basics and you can learn lot in your training and on experience. In small scale,mushroom cultivation is proved profitable. Pl start after a good training on mushrooms by either govt depts and / or by NGO’s g.p.rao, farmer

Hi Amit,
G P Rao has provided very good insight about mushroom culture, but it is for oyster mushrooms. for button mushrooms, you need to have an elaborate infrastructure. Which ever type of mushroom you are planning, you need to first see whether the climate in your region is suitable. I suppose Jaunpur is close to Varanasi in UP which has extremely wide variation in temperature. is that suitable for mushroom cultivation?
regards
Levine