Integrated Dairy Farm - experiences

Dear Kasturiraju Sir,
Thanks a lot. Thank you, for disseminating hard earned, practical knowledge! As you have rightly said, there aren’t many people in this world who’ll be ready to do this.
All the very best to you and your team Sir.

Please keep up the good work.

Thank you,
g

Dear sri,
At present, we are selling male calves to local farmers with very nominal rate. Since, we are not yet started to use the certified siemen/sier. Only then we can nurture and use as bulls.

Embryo incept is good idea but, at present it is difficult to transfer from gujarath/punjab , maintain and until have controle on the conception rate, it will be a verymuch loss,hence, we can think about this, only when we maintain and take controle of all issues of farm , first.

Thanks and regards,

kasturiraju.

Hi all,

It’s correct. But, if hooves are pure white and it will be very soft and in indian conditions ,because of that, we have to face lot of problems in farm i.e foot rottening/maggetts etc.,. However, we have seen some of progressive dairy farmers in goa, maharastra area , have achieved to change the hoofs of good breed cows to grey/black by using the indian breed based seimen i.e. HF-saiwal…etc., in course of time and they were very happy to share the information of same.

Thanks and regards,

kasturiraju.

Dear guru,

thanks for your acknowledge and sure we will be trying to do the best as well as to share the same with like minded progressive dairy farmers.

thanks and regards,

kasturiraju.

Dear Kasturiraj,

thanks lot for starting this thread and your wiling to share real-time experiences. Really appreciate and it is light to young aspirants in diary entrepreneurship

rgds
rajan mathew

Dear Friends,

recently read that, state government sponsored institute in Mattupetti has a mix breed called SUNANDANI and they produce 25 ltr milk.

Mattupetty is a hill station and have very cold climate. Please share, whether such mix breed or high breed like HF can be maintained in lower are in Kerala where normal day temperature would be 28-30 with heavy humidity ?

rgds
mathew

[quote=rmathewsin]
recently read that, state government sponsored institute in Mattupetti has a mix breed called SUNANDANI and they produce 25 ltr milk. [/quote]

I looked it up. More info can be found at links below

Hindu: High-tech milk farm opened at Mattupetty in Idukki dist

Mattupetty Indo Swiss Project

Indo-Swiss Project at Munnar (video included)

Hi friends,

Dairy farms to be keep hygenically first cows,shed,toilets surrounding area,stores each and every part of dairy. Its a basic responsibility and humanity irrespective of profits and loss. Because, we are producing the nutritious food to human beings. Infact , most of the dairy farmers neglect these factors …reason may be various… But, it affects , the first dairy farmer then his animals finally his bussiness by way of high medical expenditures,loss of animal i.e. mortality, rejection of your product i.e. milk etc.,

The dairy farm should follow certain desciplines like

1. using dustbins to dispose all plastic,paper,medical and metal wastes.

2. regularly clear of the same, without neglecting .

3. encourage labourers to have daily bath and to educate as well as reward them to not to addict alcholic,tobbacco,pans etc.,

4. irespective of odds animals,shed,mangers concerned milk room to be wash everyday.

5. milk cans, milking machinery acessories, tobe cleaned and dried everyday.

6. Try to take care/precaution for maximum extend to controle the animals get wound. Handling wound/sick animals is a most difficult/pains/expensive affair in commercial dairy farm.

keep sharing,

take care by,

kasturiraju

can you post more photos of your farm to get more idea.full shed view and like to know whether you are having milking parlour or milking machine.

dailyjag.com/india/gujarat-woman … -den/2811/

Check above information. This couple have adopted technology from Israel for milking.

thanks for the info,how to get israel cows semen or female calf determined semen.

Hello All,
The article about Ms.Ramilaben from the News paper is very inspiring.
‘Starting with 5 cows 12 years back and presently holding 280 cattle and expanding to Israeli model Calf Rearing Program’.

At the same time I would like to suggest Newbies Or wannabes to not to go with the economical figures mentioned in the same article.
‘Rs.1.1 Crore Profit from 5.5 lakh litres milk got from 280 Cows in a year’.

That will summarize to something like … ‘6.5 Litres milk per day from each cow on average fetching a PROFIT of Rs.20 per litre’. I believe these figures are not Practically viable & possible.

No offences please. Just may be the author was Extra Excited OR may be even some typing errors.

All the Best,
Prakash.

Mr.Achuthanand,
For Imported semen OR Sexed semen, there are companies in Pune & Mumbai, who are either the direct branch of an International company OR Authorised franchisee / distributor. One such company is Semex-Provet Genetics (India) Private Limited, Pune. You might even contact PDFA, Punjab for the same.

Regards,
Prakash.

thank you for your reply.what will be its approx cost.

Sorry. No Info regarding the pricing. Saw these guys in Dairy Show held at Hyderabad in July.

If my memory is right, I remember Mr.Sri was sharing some detailed info regarding the same sometime back. Browsing the posts might get you that data.

Dear all,

please be carefull while buying these semen straws from different agencies as well as companies.

Few of my friends informed authentically some of the companies certified bull’s semens are banned by punjab govt. for various problems/reasons. In that, one of certified bull is also from semex. please do detailed discussion,check and purchase the same. other options are WWF,ABS etc.,

we hope price is based on lifting quantities if it individual’s. If we go through PDFA or Animal Husbandry departments purchases, it may range from Rs.250 - 300 and sex semen aprox. Rs.1800-2000.

all the best.

kasturiraju.

hi,

It is true. This is common nowaydays, in almost all these type of articles.

The writers should invovle personally, spend some time ,observe and tobe collect relevant details and without fail, they should show the proof of article to the concerned person for any corrections,addition/deletion and then it is tobe publish.

after publishing it is a emberassement for both. Even we too experienced , similarly about our dairy farm articles.

kasturiraju.

Hi all,

we are happy to share with you all about the successful commissioning of 100% biogas powergeneration of 15 KVA capacity for all of our majority power need of the farm and it is realy relieved us. Infact, at present we have only 20 cub.mtr biogas generating digester and hence an average we are succeding in operating generator 3-4 hours per day. Hence, we are planned to enhance the biogas generation to further of 50-60 cub.mtr so minimum 10 hours in a day we can use the genset apart from usage of bio-gas for all other purposes.

bye…

kasuriraju.

[quote=kasturiraju]
Hi all,

we are happy to share with you all about the successful commissioning of 100% biogas powergeneration of 15 KVA capacity for all of our majority power need of the farm and it is realy relieved us. Infact, at present we have only 20 cub.mtr biogas generating digester and hence an average we are succeding in operating generator 3-4 hours per day. Hence, we are planned to enhance the biogas generation to further of 50-60 cub.mtr so minimum 10 hours in a day we can use the genset apart from usage of bio-gas for all other purposes.

bye…

kasuriraju.
[/quote] Congrats & wishing you further all is well and success.

Dear Kasturiraju,

Is it a 3pahse genset? How long have you been using this? Is there any drop in gas output during cloudy days?
What is the cost of genset?