Hugelkultur in India?

Hi All,
I wondered if anyone on farmnest has successfully undertaken hugelkultur on their farms ? apparently its serves good where water is scarce. So, Am planning to do it on mine. would love to know your experiences.

thanks
D

Do you have availability of so much jungle wood? Hugekulture is well suited for Europe where fire wood is cheap and avaialble in abundant.

It is also suited for backyard farming, I dont think it is scalable.

What area are you planning?

Hi Sri2012,

we have a farm - that had been undeveloped for last 25 yrs. while clearing some parts of it for creating access, we had to cut trees and bushes. this we had preserved and now i plan to use it for hugel beds. i hope that we can tide the summers by creating medium sized ones…

BR
d

i know, it’s a very old question, just saw it on the forum.
we have created a hugelkultur system in a farm in kolkata last april-may. it is doing pretty well now
we installed drip irrigation system with poly house. our client has grown a huge variety of plants, especially exotic veggies

Hi,
Can you share some pics ? would Hugels work in summers in India ?

BR

They don’t allow me to upload images.

&yes it works in all seasons. We began last March (probably the first in india), polyhouse came up by April, we had a good harvest of veggies since may & now it’s roaring