Growing Trees

Hi,

I have decided to plant coffee plants in my land. Can anyone suggest me which is profitable shading tree i can plant, either agarwood or silveroak

Hi? You cannot go with either agarwood or silver oak alone for shade in coffee plantation. However silver oak is planted for the purpose of timber also little bit of shade. But Haalavana, gliricedia etc are required for good shade in some times and the said green plants green leafs can be utilized as green mulch/manure

Thanks for reply Mr.Swamy, But i wanted to know that along with coffee plant which one is best profitable in another 10 years. please suggest. what is the profit i get after 10 years if i prefer Haalavana or gliricedia. i am in confusion stage. since the land is not cultivated before. even i prefer green mulch/manure.

Hi?
Can you please revert with the profile of land and its present status.
Location of the land for combination of inter crops can be suggest to have in it?

Hi

The land is at Kodlipete, in b/w Hassan & Coorg. Land has not cultivated before.

Hi All,

I saw this old post and thought this was relevant here. These are some of the trees which can be grown in this region.

Ayu : means Ayurvedic medicinal uses

Botanical Name Kannada name Uses
Terminilia Arjuna Hole matti Ayu
Terminilia Belerica Timber, Ayu
Terminilia Tomentosa Ayu
Terminilia Chebula Alalekayi Timber, Ayu
Garcinia Indica Kokum Ayu
Garcinia Gummigutta Ayu
Petrocarpus Marsupium Honne Timber, Ayu
Petrocarpus Santalinus Rakta Chandana Ayu
BUTEA MONOSPERMA Muttuga
Silver Oak