With the move to the new forum, this does not work the same way. However, we will continue to use the likes received by the consultants to provide preferential treatment
Consultants: Collect the roses, stay on top
Here is a new feature that aims to reward consultants who help other members, by providing them free premium ads on the Ads section. Essentially consultants who obtain ‘Thanks’ from other members can use these thanks to convert the ads they post on the Ads section to ‘Premium Ads’. Premium ads scroll on the top of home page, show up at the top of the relevant category page, are colourful and are noted as ‘Premium’ to help you get preferential attention.
Here are the details on how this works:
- A consultant posts useful material or provides useful advice to other members wanting advice on the forum.
- Members, at their own discretion, thank the consultant using the ‘Thanks’ link in the post for good advice received (thanks received are displayed with a rose below the post).
- The consultant posts an ad in the Ads section and emails support to convert the ad to premium ad. An ad can be converted for every twenty three thanks received and remains premium for the whole life of the ad. These total thanks received and thanks used for conversion can be tracked on the forum user profile.
- Site admins will apply some discretion on premium conversion requests. If the posts of the consultant are largely ‘contact me on this number’ or ‘visit my website for answers’ or links to other sites, the thanks received will not be considered. Only direct in-forum support is valued.
- A consultant may also post some useful original material or experience on any relevant topics to receive thanks - e.g., a dairy consultant can post about how to care for cows, a farmland consultant can post on the process for land purchase, a book seller may write a useful book review etc.
- The mechanics of this feature are subject to change and revisions. As always, a premium ad or any ad on the site does not mean FarmNest.com endorses the advertiser or the product.
Help a member to help us help you - everyone benefits in the process. And remember the thanks you receive indicate your reputation in the members’ eyes.
Take a look at the example screenshots below and let us know if you have questions.
Email support if you are interested in premium ads but without using forum thank you’s.