Free Premium Ads for helpful consultants!

With the move to the new forum, this does not work the same way. However, we will continue to use the likes received by the consultants to provide preferential treatment

Consultants: Collect the roses, stay on top

Here is a new feature that aims to reward consultants who help other members, by providing them free premium ads on the Ads section. Essentially consultants who obtain ‘Thanks’ from other members can use these thanks to convert the ads they post on the Ads section to ‘Premium Ads’. Premium ads scroll on the top of home page, show up at the top of the relevant category page, are colourful and are noted as ‘Premium’ to help you get preferential attention.

Here are the details on how this works:

1. A consultant posts useful material or provides useful advice to other members wanting advice on the forum.
  2. Members, at their own discretion, thank the consultant using the ‘Thanks’ link in the post for good advice received (thanks received are displayed with a rose below the post).
  3. The consultant posts an ad in the Ads section and emails support to convert the ad to premium ad. An ad can be converted for every twenty three thanks received and remains premium for the whole life of the ad. These total thanks received and thanks used for conversion can be tracked on the forum user profile.
  4. Site admins will apply some discretion on premium conversion requests. If the posts of the consultant are largely ‘contact me on this number’ or ‘visit my website for answers’ or links to other sites, the thanks received will not be considered. Only direct in-forum support is valued.
  5. A consultant may also post some useful original material or experience on any relevant topics to receive thanks - e.g., a dairy consultant can post about how to care for cows, a farmland consultant can post on the process for land purchase, a book seller may write a useful book review etc.
  6. The mechanics of this feature are subject to change and revisions. As always, a premium ad or any ad on the site does not mean FarmNest.com endorses the advertiser or the product.

Help a member to help us help you - everyone benefits in the process. And remember the thanks you receive indicate your reputation in the members’ eyes.

Take a look at the example screenshots below and let us know if you have questions.

Email support if you are interested in premium ads but without using forum thank you’s.

Chandra[/color]

Good Idea Chandra, nice offer.

GOOD Idea it will be Helpful to the Members as well as to the Moderators.
I am ready to Provide our Consultancy for any Crop.

A true way of encouraging exchange of opinion

Yes Realy good Idea, It will support those who are keenly interested in Farming.

Dear Chandra,

I have posted an ad " http://farmnest.com/ads/equipment/plug-n-play-solar-water-pump-controller-for-diy-projects_2658" sometimeback. It wasnt showing up on recent ads and when I checked using manage my ads section its marked Active Spam.

Kindly request you to unspam it or let me know if there is anything I need to do.

Also, after I posted this ad, I sent an email to support@farmnest.com requesting for a premium ad conversion and adjusting 3 thank you’s against the thank you’s i’ve received and unfortunately the email has bounced.

Please oblige and request you to do the needful.

Regards

Nice idea Chandra sir :slight_smile:

Dear Saravana Kumar,

Fixed it.

Can you PM me the bounce contents? The spam controls probably don’t like your IP.

Regards,
Chandra

Thank you Chandra  :slight_smile:,

PM’ed the bounced email details. Please check.

Regards

Okay, it looks like the server you are sending email from does not use encryption.
We have however changed settings to allow unencrypted connections too. Please check, thanks.

You are correct Chandra . Our SMTP server is non encrypted.

Thank you again for doing the needful.

Regards

Dear Chandra,

I have today posted an ad " farmnest.com/ads/equipment/low-c … ystem_2840" . It’s again not showing up on recent ads and when I checked using manage my ads section its marked Active Spam.

Kindly request you to unspam it.

Also, after I posted this ad, I sent an email to support@farmnest.com requesting for a premium ad conversion and adjusting 3 thank you’s against the thank you’s i’ve received and unfortunately the email has bounced again.

I understand that encryption is a issue and request you to do the needful.

Regards

Hi, relaxed the server settings, so fewer bounces now.
Changes made to the ad per your request.

Regards,
Chandra

Dear Chandra,

Another Ad posted today. Title “Offer: Retrofit Solar Water Pumping System - 5Hp @ Rs.3.1 Lakhs & 10Hp @ Rs.5.6 Lakhs”

Kindly publish and request you to adjust the thank you’s for premium ad.

Regards,

Saravana Kumar

Done!

Dear Chandra,

Another Ad posted today. Title “Rain Shelter Construction Services - Low cost alternate to polyhouses”

Kindly publish and request you to adjust the thank you’s for premium ad.

Regards,

Saravana Kumar

Dear Chandra,

I see its done.

Thank you for doing the needful.

Regards,

Saravana Kumar

Great way to motivate people to participate…

closed #19
unpinned #20