Fertilization of my G9 banana

Hi members,

Can I prepare a solution of Urea and MOP with water and then apply to banana plant?
Please suggest if the solution can cause any harm to banana.

Regards,
Siddhartha.

Both Urea and MOP readily mix with water.

and depending on application you need to make the solution… It should not be too much concentrated.

if u are using drip, then I suggest applying the fertilizer in two or three doses. This is the best practice as this stops environmental runoff/leaking of chemicals (leeching etc).

I am using the fertigation in same way and have obtained only positive resuts in banana, None negative impacts. Just be cautions to keep the concentration low.

Regards

Hi Mr. Jain,

Thanks for your reply and valuable suggestion.
Just one question: can I add 80 gm of MOP and 50 gm of Urea with 1 lt of water and apply on one banana plant. Is this the allowable concentration?

Regards,
Siddhartha.

Note: I am not expert

As i see you want to deliver a month dose of recommended fertilizers in one liter of water.

I will suggest against it as the solution will be concentrated. Well most pple say it will have no adverse effect.

Another point is its always advisable to breakup the fertilizers dose when possible. if you have the drip system installed, then i will suggest to go for doses in two parts. If you want to go for one single dose, 4-5 liters should be fine.

(suggestion : u can try making solution in one liter, and try in on single plant for two months. this will provide you with the good input, that this system works or not, this way u can establish the doses. its good loosing one plant rather then many .)

For me best results obtained was when i breakup the fertilizer doses.

[quote=Samarthjain]
Both Urea and MOP readily mix with water.

and depending on application you need to make the solution… It should not be too much concentrated.

if u are using drip, then I suggest applying the fertilizer in two or three doses. This is the best practice as this stops environmental runoff/leaking of chemicals (leeching etc).

I am using the fertigation in same way and have obtained only positive resuts in banana, None negative impacts. Just be cautions to keep the concentration low.[/quote]

If u r using Drip then u try for Urea(2 Kg/Acre) & 0:0:50/0:0:60(2.5 Kg/Acre) in banana in 100 Lt. of Water. Hope u will get good result

Regards

Solubility of mop is 0.36 kg/ltr water and urea 1.1 kg //lit water app at 25dec centigrade. if you mix both app half kg urea and 150gms MOP per ltr of water, If you do not use drip irrigation this can be practised safely, but dilute a bit more sothat it spreads well
regards
dev