Farming enthusiast - requesting specific details

i’ve never done a blog but i believe a forum is much more optimal that a Blog. As for recollection, forum serves the same purpose. For lack of my knowledge, can you please explain why a Blog would be better?

Cheers, naf :slight_smile:

10 Acres is very very high for me… I wont be investing that much in a very initial stage… I want to start with max 2 and grow eventually… distance is something that I can decide on later… as of now just wanted to understand the cost and how is the land… then I can decide on the same… Thanks

Hi,
Not to discourage you or anything, but you are not on the right drift here, imo!

Land as a tangible asset is the most valuable in current times. Agri Land is more so. That is not to say that one should have a lot of it in terms of size in initial. But even if moderate or small, it has to be looked after. So your time is a very critical element in the evaluation of this whole play. Thus first evaluate how much Time are you going to give to this. So have it in close proximity to you so that you can give it proper required time when needed, not when you have available in spare. Coz Time has always been the most intangible asset ever. Else it’s a lost game from the start if you don’t match the two correctly; Agri Land for it’s own due time.

So don’t go too far away, max an hour and half on two wheels. Once that is sorted out, you will be more confident of other things. Cheers, naf :slight_smile:

For those interested in a simple blog, FarmNest wiki can provide a login to create your own content. Not as elaborate as a full blog website but good for a few pages; you can look at a couple of blog pages that exist already.

[quote=consulting2farming]
Hi All,

I am working in an MNC as a consultant and have this urge to start something of my own… I dont want a city life (living in Delhi with Pollution)… I am the bread earner of family and do not have any siblings…

Farming has been on my mind for quite sometime and came across this forum about 1-2 months back… Cannot get into it full time from the very beginning however have ample of leaves at my disposal as and when needed :sunglasses:

To the point - Plan to start with approx 2 Acre land (closer to Delhi maybe in Haryana/Punjab/Rajasthan/UP… driving distance from Delhi for better accessibility for me to manage and target customers)… however unable to find land in my budget and area… Location?

I quickly want to get to a income that helps me to go dependent on only farming (BTW, no experience watsoever in farming… planning to attend some training if possible. recommendations?)… totally understand that it will take some tide depending on how effectively I manage & learn…

Real Questions - Keen on Polyhouse farming and wanted to understand… how to decide on crops? I understand that rotation of crops and variety of crops helps in good earning, if managed effectively… what are the crops that I should target for if I am able to get a land in Punjab/Haryana… and what if Rajasthan? Also, any leads that I can get for land? Anyone who can share experience from these locations… I have majorly seen people from south sharing their experiences which has helped a lot but would also like to see something from north…

Is there a farm or polyhouse farm that I can visit and gain some knowledge? Can I have both poly house farm and organic farm in the same land of 2 acres? If yes, will it not have possibility of infection? What are the crops in demand and exportable crops with high yields…

Apologies… too may questions but like I mentioned… new… so have a lot of questions in mind… Thanks for your help in advance :slight_smile:
[/quote]I have Agro Tech Farm in Jhunjhunu (Rajasthan) next to Hariyana state. I have complete Farm with approximately 1000 plants of Mauambi and Kinoo. Also there are Beel, lemon and Ardu on fencing sides. I have also one poly house of 1000 sq ft with 8 rooms (including Kitchen and bathroom). Full Farm covered with fencing wire. I have borewell with10 Hp motor with separate DP connection. I want to sell this entire Farm if got reasonable price. At present I am producing approximately 10 to 15 Tons of Kinoo and Masuambi in one year. If you are interested please send me e-mail.

@msk : Hello Khan, what is the area of the Full Farm covered with fencing wire. Also why u want to sell it if u seem to be doing fine with your farm?
Regards, naf :slight_smile:

Hi Naf,

Like I mentioned, I am interested for Poly-house farming… having a huge poly-house will be a huge investment and let us not forget that I am a novice…
Hence initially I want to start with 2 Acre… Most of the people here in the forum suggest 1 acre for a new farmer… I am still going with 2 :slight_smile: … Appreciate your concern but I also need to consider the risk & the capital that I have readily available before investing…

Could you please share the cost of the land u mentioned so that I can decide and pay a visit…thanks

Blogging is FREE in some websites like Blogger & Wordpress etc. Only your time and knowledge matters.

Even Farmnest provides opportunity to create your own content as @Chandra mentioned.

Why blogging?
I have created my own blog as I see the same questions repeated over and over again in many forums and in future it will be easy for reference for self and for others.

Ok, so let’s see what we have here!

interested … Poly-House - Yes, Poly house is good for small land holdings.
huge poly-house … huge investment - No you don’t need to go to “Huge poly house”
I am a novice - Novice is ok, Will and interest is what matters most.
start with 2 Acre … forum suggest 1 acre for a new farmer - Good aggressive start.
consider the risk & the capital that I have readily available before investing - May i? How much money you have ???
On a polite note, What’s your Budget for all this - in terms of Time & Money ? You have to correctly match the two as it’s utomst important.
The amount of Time you have for the amount of Money you will Invest ;D Spend :-[ Lose :'(

Don’t get me wrong, thus let me know, Cheers, :slight_smile:

I will definitely invest time… if I am investing money, I WILL invest time…
I have thought of investing around 2.5-3L for land… which includes water arrangements… rest will be after I have land…

Hence, the question again, how much is the land for around your place?

So it’s 3 Lakhs for 2 acre land including water arrangements. Is that right?

If so, i would request other members to give their views as well based on all the info you provided since the start of your thread.
imo, it’s a no-go. Regards, naf :slight_smile: