Experts opinion on Pomegranate and Mosambi intercrop

I am Venkat from MBNR dist in Telangana State ,Planing to plant pomegranates(Bhagwa) and Satgudi Mosambi(Rangapur lime as root stock) in 6 acers of dry land with borewell facility

The land is red soil with stony gravels .(betta)

my plan is  one row mosambi and next row is pomegrante .alternate rows…distance between rows 12 feet ( the gap b/w mosambi and pomegrante)

the gap b/w each pomegrante plant is 9 feet

the gap b/w mosami 15 feet

i mean per one acer 126 mosabi and 211 pomegrante plants

experts please share your opinion and modifications and suggesations are welcome.

i have a plan to plant drumstick inbetween mosabi create micro climate …want to do natural and organic farming…

good one… I have done with this same concept.
right now I have done air layering for pomegranate plants. i mean pomegranate nursery . instead of uprooting once you are densed with growth over the years…
regards
Shankar reddy
Raichur

Dear Shankar Reddy,
what inter crops you are planting , and how much space you leaving b/w plants and rows.

where we can get decease free pomegranate plants…

Thanks,

Venkat Reddy

Venkat Reddy,
        Any nitrogen fixer plants like cow pea, chick pea or groundnuts are good for intercroppings for shorter durations.

Regards,
AKS

Dear Mr.,
AFTER A LONG BREAK APPEARING IN FARMNEST.
I WOULD LIKE TO ADD FEW POINTS
DISTANCE - SATGUDI PLANT  TO PLANT
  3 MTS.

PLANTING IN LINE
SATGUDI - AMLA - SATGUDI

BETWEE 2 LINES - 4.5 MTS

CENTER OF FOUR SATGUDI PLANT
POMGRANATE
VACANT AREA YOU CAN GROW VEGETABLES
DURING SUMMER SEASON GROW SORGHUM/ BAJRA TO PROTECT SATGUDI FROM SEVERE HEAT

• ANOTHER THING  PLANT TWO SATGUDI
    PLANTS IN A PIT.
    THIS TRIAL DID IN MY FRUIT RESEARCH FARM
    IF NEED MORE DETAILS OR PHOTOS
    CONTACT MY E-MAIL ID
    BIOFARMS IS NOT A CONSULTING AGENCY
    d.s.sureshkumar68@ gmail.com
    See face book
    Biofarms hi-tech

Hi Suresh
I am not able to send email

what are advantages we are going benifit double seedling planting of mosambi

what intercrops you planting

do you have any information of Malta Jafa and blood red exotic varities which are cultivating in punjab

thanks

Venkat

I am planning pomegranate in 6 acres in a month or so. I was advised to do 9’x14’ spacing. 9’ between plants and 14’ between rows.

What’s your irrigation plan? Are you going to use drip?

I am taking advise of someone who exports pomegranate seeds who is also providing seedlings. He recommends drip irrigation and plastic mulching. Here is the picture of his nursery.

Hope this helps!

looks good with poly mulching

i am planing to plant legume plants inbetween pomegranate crop .i.e drumstick

Hi Srinivas,

i  am planting 12x12 , want to use drip irrigation

where we can get desease free plants from B.blight and F.wilt and expected cost per plant

I am not sure of the variety you are talking about. I am procuring Bhagwa variety from this processor and exporter. If you want to contact him directly send me an email and I will share the contact information.

i am planing Bhagwa only’’

anybody have idea of Malta Jaffa sweet lime crop like where we can get plants

I have planted pomegrante plants (bhagwan ) for 12 acres at 12’ x 12 ’ ,I can see there are cracks in the fruit ,what is the remedy and what inter crop I can grow without effecting the existing plants

Hi,I’m Satish from anantapur district,planning to plan pomegranate in 6 acers under borewell,is this correct season to plant?

jain irigation ,coimbatore giving quality  bhaguva plant