Electricity for Agriculture purpose

Naf

My response was very specific with regards to your post comparing solar and standard mode and definitely not a generic reply.
There are just numerous forms of energy sources like you have mentioned but my expertise unfortunately is limited to solar. Hence my post is as well limited to solar.

Also my bad, why did I understand you are comparing grid mode and solar mode and not all energy sources…

And honestly Naf as long as I don’t know if the 2420 spent is for a cup of water or a tank of water I wouldn’t be able comment the worthiness isn’t it? :relaxed:

Regards

Also my bad, why did I understand you are comparing grid mode and solar mode and not all energy sources…
Not your bad, the thought just drifted that way when u asked and i answered.

And honestly Naf as long as I don’t know if the 2420 spent is for a cup of water or a tank of water I wouldn’t be able to comment the worthiness isn’t it?
Sure true! But i did mention a 2 acre farm and i did mention hiring a pipe for 240 a day, guess you missed it. At that rate, using flooding method would be worth a tank? Hope that clears up!

Cheers, :slight_smile:

I understand Naf.It definitely clears the air.

Yes I missed 2 acres. My apologies.

In your case solar would’nt be viable, not that its far more costly than the 2420 you might spend, but drawing such low volume of water just don’t sound economical with solar power.

It also shows, source of water and volume of water as well play vital part in the cost economics. Thank you for bringing this up.

Regards

Hi Mr. Dhana

I am from M/s Sushmita Automation and deals in solar power.

if you use 5HP pump for 8 hours in a day it will consume approx 50 unit, it means it will cost you 50X3.5 = 175/- per day
in a month it will be 175 X 30 = 5250 + taxes = 6000/- per month and 70,000/- per year approx.

we can provide you 5 HP solar pump system in 480,000/- only it is one time investment and take water for next 20 years

if you have any query or you want to know in detail then please contact us on 09811265334

Thank You

Awaiting your replies.

FYI, effective 12.12.2014, TamilNadu Electricity Board has revised Traiff III from Rs.3.5 to Rs.4, i.e an escalation of 14.5%.

Regards,

Hello Sushmita,

Thanks for the replay.

But my claculations are different. For 5HP I have to invest around 5 lakh rupees for solar. But if I put the same amount in bank as FD, @10% interest for 5 lakh I would get aprox 50,000 per year. also I cannot use pumps all the days (I mean, I cannot use pumps during rainy season) so I can save around 20,000 per year.

So using of solar will be a loss of 5 Lakhs to me.

Thanks,
Dhana.

Dear Dhanasekar,

Apologies for the cross post.

If this was the case, would’nt we see people deposit money in banks and stay in rented houses, happily pay the rent with the interest earned or for the case people would deposit money in banks and drive in cabs rather than buying own cars.

Take an example, people spend so much in NPA’s like vehicles, marbels, tiles etc which dont have any return at all and they dont contemplate “spending” on them, but when an “investment” like geniune PA like solar is questioned, it just dont convince me!

As long as people see solar as an expenditure instead of treating it like an investment, these arguments would surely happen,
Unfortunate,is what I could call it.

Also, wrt to your post, I understand the logic, but it holds only when the eb bill is met with the interest earned isnt it. What if you consider tariff escalation for a once in a 5 year period for the next 25 years? At one point of time you would spend more than the interest you earn isnt it?

Apologies again if this post sounds persuasive, but these have been my thoughts for quite a while now…

Regards,

Hello Saravana Kumar,

Ya I agree with your thoughts :slight_smile:. But everyone have their own thoughts.

I agree that people spend so much in NPA’s like vehicles, marbels, tiles etc. But not all the people are having Vehicles, marbels, tiles etc. rt? Based on their wealth and necessity they have this.

“As long as people see solar as an expenditure instead of treating it like an investment, these arguments would surely happen, Unfortunate,is what I could call it.”
If you consider Solar as an investment, then there should be some return. Of course solar will provide some benefit but If I get the same return with less investment then everyone will Prefer that only.

“Also, wrt to your post, I understand the logic, but it holds only when the eb bill is met with the interest earned isnt it. What if you consider tariff escalation for a once in a 5 year period for the next 25 years? At one point of time you would spend more than the interest you earn isnt it?”
Consider the below,

1. One can get Free EB at least after 10 years.
  2. Instead of spending for solar I can get free EB transferred from others for the less amount, which could be used for life long not only for 25 years?
  3. What will happen if government will provide more subsidies for Solar? Already in some states government is providing subsidies for solar?

Apologies and above are my thoughts :slight_smile:

Very true in every sense of it. I completely agree.

[quote]Consider the below,

1. One can get Free EB at least after 10 years.
  2. Instead of spending for solar I can get free EB transferred from others for the less amount, which could be used for life long not only for 25 years?
  3. What will happen if government will provide more subsidies for Solar? Already in some states government is providing subsidies for solar?
    [/quote]

Sounds optimistic but is it possible in reality, time shall only answer!

For now peace! :slight_smile:

Regards,

Also my thought…

Everything should not be measured in money. Using solar energy is relatively less polluting and relatively eco friendly. I say relatively because the only pollution that the solar panels would create while they are manufactured, transported and installed and at the end of its life cycle when it will go to scrap. Whereas using grid power is like using the earth natural resources and adding to the air pollution every single day.

Can anyone let me know the life period of the latest solar panels please.

Hi Prash

Honestly your post brought out a smile.

Hardly anyone cares carbon footprint and glad you belong to the elite category.

Regarding life of solar panels

A good quality solar panel would typically degrade by 10% in performance every decade meaning if you have 5kw solar panels you can expect 2.5kw at the end of 50yrs.

Regards,

I also thanks to Mr. Prash who think about carbon footprint , pollutions. I really appreciate your thoughts, Please keep it up

Yes I agree with Mr. Sravankumar. the good quality of solar panel degrade by 10% after every decade.

and I have a suggestion for Mr. Dhanasekar. and other like minded peoples.
Solar energy is not for those who thinks that the solar will generate money for them. it for those who need power (energy)

Thanks

@ Sushmita

Honestly speaking i’m not against Solar energy and my only concern is about the cost of getting this.

You are from the Selling side and i’m from the Buying side. Sinc ewe are from the Buying side we will always think about the actual investment and the return from the actual.

From Your poste:

Let me ask you one simple question, will you provide the same 5 HP solar pump for 2,00,000?

Thanks,
Dhana.

Dear Mr. Dhansekhar

when people buying luxury items like cars, big TVs, smart phones etc. then nobody think about actual investment and return from the actual
but when it comes to solar then buyers think about investment and return.

The price of 5HP solar pump set is 4,80,000/- in this the cost of the system is about 4,50,000/- and 30,000/- is my profit but you ask for only 2,00,000/- it means i have to pay 2,50,000/- from my pocket which is not possible, I can adjust with my profit margin but not with the cost

Thank You

@ Sushmita Automation,

Dhanasekar here is not asking you to bear the 2.5L from your pocket, instead what Dhanasekar means is if the cost of it comes down to 2L he would think of buying it.

And we should respect his sentiments. We as the industry players have seen prices take a plunge in these 5 years, so its just absolutely fair on his side to expect the prices to drop further may be in next 5 years.

Regards,

Dear Mr. Dhansekhar and Mr. Saravankumar

Ok! I apologise for my last reply. I receive many calls and mails in which buyers demand for share from our side so I think that you are also one of them.

as per your concern there are so many suppliers in Delhi, Mumbai etc. who can provide you 5 HP solar pumping system in approx 3.0 to 3.5L but the quality is very poor (Chinese material)

but we are using the raw material is from UK, Japan and US and assembled in India, so the quality of my product is very high that’s why the price is also high.

my thinking is sell less but sell best I want when I go to my customer in future like after 3,5,10,20 years we can sit and enjoy a cup of coffee. I want to make a strong relation with my customers that’s all

Thank you

Everyones view point is right. I am sure we all want to use some kind of energy which is hassle free and non polluting. Having said that we even have to look at the cost factor. I hope with newer technological breakthrough we have something which is practical and reasonable as well.

I have few queries.

If say I have an existing 5 HP motor running on our usual power can I buy solar panels to run it on solar energy?

If its possible do i need to attach batteries as well? As per me batteries are also are equally bad for our environment.

In your existing working (your motor and solar panels) are batteries required? Is there any system where we do not need any batteries between solar panels and pumps?

True Prash. The price of solar panels are so high as the raw material silicon is imported since India dont have silicon ore. Continuous R & D, concessions in taxes & duties combined which should bring down the costs.

Regarding your queries;

Yes you can power your existing conventional 5hp motor on solar as long as your motor is 3phase. You would need 5Kw solar panels, frame to mount the panels, cables for wiring, solar water pump controller and harmonic filter when cable termination exceeds 150ft between controller & pump.Same time you need to takeoff the starter that you are using now.

Solar water pumping is a battery less model which works between 7.30Am to 5.30Pm average with varying discharge on solar and constant discharge when run on grid.

Kindly visit [url=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC350KOOG8JZvEZW0EkeHxsA]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC350KOOG8JZvEZW0EkeHxsA[/url]to see few of our projects to get an idea.

Also, Converting your existing 3 phase motor is cheaper among solar pumping systems.

For example; Assuming you have motor side already, you could buy the individual BoM directly from manufacturer’s like us and DIY with a help of a local electrician. Basic cost of such a DIY system with highest quality BoM would be apprx around Rs.3 lakhs.

Regards,

Dear Prash
:slight_smile:
Yes you can run your existing pump. but for that we need following data.

1. the pump is run with 220 V single phase or 415 V three phase

As you know the batteries are not environment friendly so our technology is battery free. so your pump can run only during Sun time.

you can contact us on sushmita.automation@gmail.com

Thank You

Solar panels need complete sunlight. i.e in winter small patches of clouds covers sun for a minute or two. some times this will be like republic day marchpast. In this case motor runs and stops as and when clouds cover sun.
The panels are connected in seriese, one panel gets shade, voltage drops and pump stops working. If you have drip system connected and you want irrigate for 2 hours, when solar pumping stops when it starts cannot be known.

In suchcases calulating 6hrs/day is purely theoritical.

again In my region there will be atleast 6 months no sun. I can get effectively 120-150 days.

the reason to bring out above points are those who are planning to install can have an idea. If you are blessed by wonderfull sunshine, ignore above points. I am partially blessed by suryadeva.

Summary: Solar cannot your fulltime energy source.