Economics of Jute Farming

Some of my Friends suggested that Jute Cultivation is More Profitable as Rain Fed Crops. We are having some Lands Nr. Hyderabad without Water facility. We are raising Only Rain fed Crops and are not getting any Income on Cotton & Jowar. My Friends are suggested that Jute Farming fetches a GOOD Income even on Drought Conditions.But they Don’t have full information.

Can anybody suggests and informed about the Jute crops along with the Income for the said Crop.

Hi?
Havn’t seen this?
farmnest.com/forum/agricultural- … -benefits/
It is common additional crop in Ap. Gogura chutni is part and parcel of ap meals.
More over it purifies nature check it in above thread.

Dear sir, it is not exactly gongura upto my knowledge. As said by sri swamy sir, if you want to grow it for public health and goodness,it is fine. But it is difficult to grow in areas like hyderabad. It requires humidity more.After the crop is harvested it should be marinated it waste water tanks for a long period to get jute from it and very bad odour will be eminated for which public also may object. More over the jute income is very minimum even in growing areas like visakhapatnam,vizianagaram and srikakulam dist of andhra pradesh where all facilities like waste tank waters,habituated local villagers for this odour.Hence you may not get any profit from this crop. farmer,g.p.rao.

THANK YOU SIR for Your Kind information.!

[Edited by moderator]
Jute is almost a dead crop and with out irrigation it not wise to grow.
you should think of dryland farming. [Edited by moderator]
Thnaks
Dg

[Mod Note: Personal attacks are not tolerated, please discuss the subject and not other members, thanks]

We want to Plant Sweet Potato in our Farm Nr. Hyderabad.Can any body help in Procuring the Best verity of Stem cuttings for Plantation in our Land in the Month of June…

Thanking you Sirs,
MANNE,SN.,B.Com.,LLB.,
for vasudha Green Farms.

[quote=vasudhafarms]
We want to Plant Sweet Potato in our Farm Nr. Hyderabad.Can any body help in Procuring the Best verity of Stem cuttings for Plantation in our Land in the Month of June…

Thanking you Sirs,
MANNE,SN.,B.Com.,LLB.,
for vasudha Green Farms.
[/quote] Dear sir, you can get tissue sweet potato plants at M/s KF Bio Plants, pune. I do not know the cost and other details. Also you can purchase seed material from places like dodda ballapur,chickaballapur and kolar. several cold storages and Whole sale traders are available at those places.you enquire and purchase the seed materials of sweet potato.