Direct Marketing Model For Vegetables in Thane city (Maharashtra)

Hello Everyone.
My name is Gaurav Mehta and I live in Thane city. I am a social entrepreneur in the agri field. My current project is to develop a direct marekting model for selling vegetables in Thane city using the dormant Mahila Bachat Gat’s. It’s an ambitious project no doubt and it will face it’s fair share of objections and resistance from certain quarters.

My aim is to create a direct marketing channel from the Farmer to the city. Bypass the middlemen and traders and use the Mahila Bachat Gats (Women’s Self Help Groups) in Thane city to sell the vegetables directly to consumers at a huge discounted price. It’s a win win situation for everyone. The project will be executed by two NGO’s in Thane city. This project will take off sometime later this month, around 26 Jan.

I would like all direct farmers to contact me. No traders and middlemen please!! I would be keen to purchase a reasonable quantity of fresh produce on a continuous basis. Please come forward and assist this new initiative.

Gaurav Mehta
8828173283 // 022 32225210

Hello Gaurav Mehta,

Welcome to the forum!

If you have a social objective in this endeavour and can demonstrate it, please feel free to PM/email me the details of your plan. We can have a note on this information included in the FarmNest.com newsletter and can also display this on the top right highlight on this page so that more members can see the information.

Thanks.

Gaurav,

Your project seems to be interesting and definately with nobel intentions. Do you have a website or blog where updates are provided? It would be interesting to follow your journey as you make progress.

greetings mr mehta
it is very good to know that some one is thinking on these lines and actually putting in practice we ll i grow banana in 30 acres and 8 acres papaya and 0.75 acre colored capsicum and i would like to sell it with out any middle man in between i will get in touch with u on wednesday you can also get in touch with me on 09769472784 or kacheriaraj@yahoo.com

Dear Mr Mehta,

Came across this topic on the forum, do not know if you are still active on the forum.

But this is very good news, and the plans sound strong.

Any further progress on this subject?

There will be a lot of support to u i am sure, if you decide to take this path. Do keep in touch on the forum with the progress.
Thanks
Santosh

Dear Mr Gaurav Mehta,

Greetings of the day

We are the group of farmers associated with Organic vegetable cultivation in Karjat & Badlapur area.

Attached please find the product list of Indian ,Exotic vegetables ,Fruits & Grocery -all of them are certified Organic Quality products with proper grading-with price. We can offer all the listed products at your doorstep at competitive price.

In order to get consistent quality supply of Organic vegetables - farmers need to be given yearly schedule of cultivation in advance .

Please let me know your monthly or weekly requirement of vegetables with packing & quality parameters –to enable me to offer the best price

We need to enter contract agreement with farmers in which quantity & price will be fixed for the year

This way both farmers & direct consumers will be benefited without the role of a broker.The farmer will get value for his efforts & consumer will get quality products at good price.If you can start this project of supplying vegetables to the group of societies in your area we can work out a good working model with win win situation.This offer is open to all who wish to help the farmers & in turn the society -This can be a very good socio economic model for a noble cause .Please share your views & suggestions if any -so that this can be real boost to the farmers group activity.

Thanks

R.K.Satla
Badlapur ,Villege Chone Dist : Thane
Cell :91-99201 20216
Mail : rksatla@gmail.com

Hello Everyone.
My name is Gaurav Mehta and I live in Thane city. I am a social entrepreneur in the agri field. My current project is to develop a direct marekting model for selling vegetables in Thane city using the dormant Mahila Bachat Gat’s. It’s an ambitious project no doubt and it will face it’s fair share of objections and resistance from certain quarters.

My aim is to create a direct marketing channel from the Farmer to the city. Bypass the middlemen and traders and use the Mahila Bachat Gats (Women’s Self Help Groups) in Thane city to sell the vegetables directly to consumers at a huge discounted price. It’s a win win situation for everyone. The project will be executed by two NGO’s in Thane city. This project will take off sometime later this month, around 26 Jan.

I would like all direct farmers to contact me. No traders and middlemen please!! I would be keen to purchase a reasonable quantity of fresh produce on a continuous basis. Please come forward and assist this new initiative.

Gaurav Mehta
8828173283 // 022 32225210
[/quote]
ORGANIC PRICE LIST-4-11-2013.xlsx (22.3 KB)