I have started Date Cultivation in Northern Rajasthan in May 2018.
The variety of the plant is Behri Date.
They are planted with a spacing of 25 feet using drip irrigation,
need the advice on the following,
- what is the growth rate of the plant. How much do they grow in first, Second, Third year?
- what is the irrigation schedule, how much water and at what interval it should be given?
- what all spray( Insecticides/fungicides) needs to be done at different time of the year?
- Ours is a place with extreme climate where temperature during summers goes up to 50 degree C and in winter goes down to 2 Degree C. also during June to August we have lot of Humidity.
- till now growth of the plant is irregular, some have grown very healthy and some are not growing as quickly.
one plant has also dried off, (Reason Unknown)
- What should be fertigation schedule for the plants of this age?
I have many more questions but will be glad if some one share their knowledge and experience or could guide to the right person/institution, who could provide proper guidance.!
Thanks & Regards