Dairy Forming

Dear Experts,

I am planning to start a Dairy Farming in my native which is located in Namakkal, Tamilnadu.
At first planning to start with 5cows and then going to increase the count.
Need clarification on the following points.
-Climatic condition suitable for the breads like HF/Red Sindhi/Jersy
-Average Milk yield formt he above breads
-Cost of the breads
-Whether it is viable to invest

• Approximate cost per day for feed of cow

Thanks,
Gopi

Hi Gopi,

Good to know you have developed interest in dairy farming. Instead of giving you inputs on the process, I will direct you to another thread in this forum where we have discussed this topic in detail. You will find it helpful. I also have put up an approximate costing for 5 cows for reference, please update the cost as per your area as required.

If you have further questions, please ask, I will surely help you with as much as I know :slight_smile: Good luck.

farmnest.com/forum/new-trends-in … o-farming/

hi sir as you are planning to start a dairy farm, i can suggest you some ways to start with a dairy farm, firstly you need to draft a plan related to dairy farming and in which product you are going to deal with, checkout your local areas for similar competition of product you are going to sell, check out the ways other farms are working in your local areas, search for new technologies that are yet to be used in India and that can give you high yield. for further assistance you can go through below mentioned guide.
in godhan.in