Cow Rearing Guide

In quest to know how dairy farms are run in more developed nations I signed up at a Dairy Forum of USA. A co member there guided me to the below website.

milkproduction.com/Library/S … roduction/

I suggest every aspirant dairyman to go through all the chapters of this guide. You’ll be amazed by the details given therein. It is not the regular stuff that you’ll find on all the websites. Its more like summary of years of experience.

This guide is directly related to high yielding HF cows and similar but the principles can be applied to our local cows as well as HF & J Crosses.

I’d say make it a sticky so that it doesn’t get lost in pile of other threads.

Thanks Prasham, for your post and the online guide. It is an excellent beginners guide for all potential dairy farmers.

Keep it up!

Cheers,

John

Dear sir  
      thank you so much...

Devendra Ghimire
                         sunsari,Nepal

Thank you Prasham, it is very informative and sets us in the right direction.

Thanks Prakasam…Useful site…much appreciated. :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for sharing this site with us…
This site will be very helpful and useful to me…
I am going to share this with my friends too.

very intresting. thanks lot for sharing such a wonderfull thread.

boumatic.com - Milking Parlours, Dairy Farm Automation, Milk measurement
www.tarimak.com - milking machines to milk 1,2,5,8,10,12 cows at a time

Watch these two sites too.These 2 companies have presence in India.

Krishnan

1. Please understand that you can chill milk up to 4 degree C and not below that. You cannot freeze milk as it can create many issues.
  2. Chilled milk taste won’t change.
  3. Chill the milk to 4 degree C and transport it in insulated tankers. Better to be equipped for slight chilling in the tanker itself in case the temperature rises above 4 degree C.
  4. The present cost for a 1000 litre BMC may be nearly 3-4 lakhs.
  5. The most cost efficient way of storing milk will be in a Bulk Milk Cooler Direct Expansion type with digital temperature indicators. The cooler shuts off automatically when it reaches 4 degree and starts on its own when the temperature rises.
  6. May be below Rs.35000/-
  7. Liquid form only in insulated & refrigerated trucks , to avoid loss of temperature.
  8. You can keep the milk 1 day if the milk is not disturbed and temperature maintained in insulated Bulk Milk Coolers with Digital Temperature indicators with auto on/off set up.

Murali Krishnan

[quote=9446352007]
boumatic.com - Milking Parlours, Dairy Farm Automation, Milk measurement
www.tarimak.com - milking machines to milk 1,2,5,8,10,12 cows at a time. TRolley model milking machines are there for small herd, totally oil free machines

Watch these two sites too.These 2 companies have presence in India.

Krishnan

[quote=9446352007]

1. Please understand that you can chill milk up to 4 degree C and not below that. You cannot freeze milk as it can create many issues.
  2. Chilled milk taste won’t change.
  3. Chill the milk to 4 degree C and transport it in insulated tankers. Better to be equipped for slight chilling in the tanker itself in case the temperature rises above 4 degree C.
  4. The present cost for a 1000 litre BMC may be nearly 3-4 lakhs.
  5. The most cost efficient way of storing milk will be in a Bulk Milk Cooler Direct Expansion type with digital temperature indicators. The cooler shuts off automatically when it reaches 4 degree and starts on its own when the temperature rises.
  6. Milk analysers might cost you below Rs.50000/-
  7. Liquid form only in insulated & refrigerated trucks , to avoid loss of temperature.
  8. You can keep the milk 1 day if the milk is not disturbed and temperature maintained in insulated Bulk Milk Coolers with Digital Temperature indicators with auto on/off set up.

Murali Krishnan

Hi,

Where can i get training in dairy farming in Jaipur (Rajasthan) ?

Regards

Thank you So much…God Bless U

hi all,

please find herewith attached the Very experienced dedicated retired veterian’s of karnataka …lovingly called as Mr. Reddy sir’s, heartful presentation in regional language i.e. in kannada. Even we can call it as Desi presentation.

If it is useful pass on thanks to Mr. Reddy sir.

kasturiraju.

Homoeo drugs for cattle.pdf (230 KB)
VN Reddy Clean milk production PDF.pdf (2.15 MB)
VN Reddy Garbhadhaaranaa samasyagalu PDF.pdf (404 KB)

hi,

further more attachments for references:

kasturiraju.

VN Reddy Health problems PDF.pdf (571 KB)
VN Reddy Mastitis modified PDF.pdf (2.45 MB)

can u plz convert ur documents in english? it will be really gr8 help…

Dear sir,

realy sorry…I too not very much expert in translating…

let we wait any right person will do the same and upload it for all other forum members …!!

thanks and regards,

kasturiraju.

Yes these should be converted to English or HIndi for the larger audience to understand. Can someone help in translating Telagu presentation into English/HIndi?

Looks like a very good collection of info. But it is all in Kannada, not Telugu. I could have tried if it was in Telugu.

My bad. so can somebody translate Kannad to English/Hindi please?

I am subu. I am also interested to starting a farm in kerala. But my main question is that where do i get good cow.In kerala which place available?
thanks
subu