Community living in a community farm - a living space in the midst of woods

Brothers, I’m venkatesan from Theni, Tamilnadu. We, few friends are working to create an agriculture based community living environment. To invite interested participants, here i’m writing some details about our initiative.

The primary purpose of this work is creating an ideal living environment. Rather than being a single big farm where all participants are shareholders in it, we plan to bring this up as a group of individual small farms. We think this can be done by buying 50 to 100 acres of land and lay out it with a common path and registering the plots in participants name. After registration of the land, participants can take care of their land and in situations it is not possible we can assist.

Creating groves is the proposed activity. 2/3 rd area are for trees, remaining 1/3 rd for crops is our plan. We plan to cultivate vegitables and other crops. Selling the agri produces directly to end users is our approach towards marketing. At present we are 13 persons in the group and our idea is to relocate there sooner or later. Any one interested in natural farming, interested in creating a living place in the midst of woods, can buy land along with us.

We invite persons only who have care and respect for nature. Persons interested in working in agricultural fields and in other agri related activities can make this as a source of employment and can join us. We plan to establish this community farm near Thenkasi. At present we have finalised a site there, but are still open to new sites. Any one has any information regarding lands or do have land for sale, also please contact us. My number - 0 809 866 9154

Regards
Venkatesan

Venkatesan

This has been my dream project and have been planning to start something similar at Pune, however it did not take off becuase I could not find enough people interested in it.

Tamil Nadu is far but would be still keen to explore further.

Request you to kindly send me the details at randhir.sinha@gmail.com

Rgds

Hi Venkatesan,

I am also interested but only challenge I would have is I am located in chennai. Distance to this place would be the challenge. Do you have any plan near by chennai? around 100 kms. Let me know if you know anyone doing around.

Thanks,
Srinivas

Hi Srinivas.

I’m concentrating in one location, that is near Tenkasi.

I’ve no idea about north of Tamil nadu.

In our group two are working in Chennai, and two are in Singapore.

What we are going to do is creating an orchard. Participants constant
presence is not mandatory.

I am taking care of planting and maintenance for five years.

For further details please call 9600880767.
srinivaskk
http://post.spmailtechn.com/f/a/G7_HltxnHc_GFZtXQuQyDQ~~/AAI_6gA~/RgRcQTkeP0QpaHR0cHM6Ly9kaXNjdXNzLmZhcm1uZXN0LmNvbS91L3NyaW5pdmFza2tXA3NwY1gEAAAAAEIKAACeBWBaaLvG6w~~
January 18

Hi Venkatesan,

I am also interested but only challenge I would have is I am located in
chennai. Distance to this place would be the challenge. Do you have any
plan near by chennai? around 100 kms. Let me know if you know anyone doing
around.

Thanks,
Srinivas