Borewell Problem

Hi,

I have borewell in my farm. And the motor is always crashing. This is the third time i am repairing it.

Borewell got water around 120 ft and total dig is around 300 ft(after that it did not allowed to go deep inside because they said there is heavy water pool inside).

First time, i bought a motor(no.1 company) and after running it for around 50 acres its gone(wiring is gone).

Second time, after repair then for another 30 acres we used it then its gone. This time its completely gone including wiring and bushes.

Third time, so we bought new one(lotus company)…after 15 acres(one week time)…its crashed again…this time just wiring is gone.

I am just worried what might be the issue here.

We did check with helper and he said that there is no issue with transformer…

Can any body help me to find the root cause of this issue?

PS: There is a plenty of water in ground. Our motor pumps 2.5 inch water.

Regards,
Vijay

Dear Vijay,

Possible reasons could be;

A)Pump running dry due to yield discharge mismatch (especially with 2.5inch water being pumped out)
B)Voltage fluctuations in your grid line
C)Incorrect cable size

From your post, I presume you have replaced the pump alone retaining the starter, cables etc, havent you?

My suggestion would be;

1)Essentially I would recommend to use VFD instead of starter as it comes with all necessary protections, but the min you could try is replace the starter
2)Check the cable sizing with the pump manufacturer for your run distance
3)Ensure you erect the pump max to only 260ft out of 300ft, leaving 40ft for silt accumulation.

Hope this helps!

Regards.

Hi Sravan,

Thank you for the reply.

A)Pump running dry due to yield discharge mismatch (especially with 2.5inch water being pumped out)

Should we increase or decrease the pump size?? The pump erected is 200 ft as of now. We would like to reduce it still 160 ft now because the water level is around 30-50 ft itself. Is this correct?

B)Voltage fluctuations in your grid line

As per the other farmers, the motor should withstand the fluctuations and in case there is a fluctuation, it should stop but not crash. Is this correct? And no other motor in that area crashed.

From your post, I presume you have replaced the pump alone retaining the starter, cables etc, havent you?

Yes, the pump we reduced the size from 3 inch to 2.5 inch.

1)Essentially I would recommend to use VFD instead of starter as it comes with all necessary protections, but the min you could try is replace the starter

Can you please let me know what is the VFD here?

2)Check the cable sizing with the pump manufacturer for your run distance

Can you please let me know what is the run distance means here?

Thank you…

Regards,
Vijay

Dear Vijay,

Please find my response inline with your post marked in red.