Borewell - help wanted on Type and Location of Pumps

I have a borewell installed in my farm. The bore is almost 200 meters from the farmhouse. There is a submersible pump in the borewell. However the problem I am facing is that the electrical wire running from the switchboard in the house to the borewell is around 200 meters in length . This wire is underground and every time there is an electrical issue we have to dig up the land and check the wire. I am not sure if this is a safe option especially during rainy season . My request for help is on the following

1. Is there anyway I can install a pump right next to my home below the switchboard and operate the borewell ? I am OK spending additional money for the pipes as long as the electrical wiring length is limited. I have seen people use such setups in city where they have a sump to store water and a pump which is located far away from the sump.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Hi,

Please find my response marked red inline with your post.

[quote=adit.agri]
I have a borewell installed in my farm. The bore is almost 200 meters from the farmhouse. There is a submersible pump in the borewell. However the problem I am facing is that the electrical wire running from the switchboard in the house to the borewell is around 200 meters in length . This wire is underground and every time there is an electrical issue we have to dig up the land and check the wire. I am not sure if this is a safe option especially during rainy season . My request for help is on the following

We do have harmonic filters specifically for this purpose.Using the appropriate size of the filter you can connect your existing pump even at a distance of 200m.

I need to know the below to help you further in this matter;

A)Pump capacity in Hp
B)Cable size in use
C)Pump Head

P.S: Digging the cable for every electrical issue is not required at all.

1. Is there anyway I can install a pump right next to my home below the switchboard and operate the borewell ? I am OK spending additional money for the pipes as long as the electrical wiring length is limited. I have seen people use such setups in city where they have a sump to store water and a pump which is located far away from the sump.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

You need to drill a bore point near your home in case if you need pump near your home.Also, please note that borewell pump’s application is different from openwell pump’s and there is absolutely no way that you could keep the submersible away from the bore and then pump.[/quote]

Hope this helps!

Regards.