Bore-well Pump problem

Dear Members,

I have a bore-well at my farm, which is giving me some problem.
It gives water for 15 minutes, then we don’t get water for next one hour.
After one hour we get water for 15 minutes.
I want to run this during night without stopping.
My question is that if I run continuously without stopping after 15 minutes, will there be any problem.
Please advice.

Thanks in advance.
Siddhartha.

You have issues with ground water table. There is no enough water. May be some body has dug deeper borewell nearby, the water is getting drained there. If this is the case you have deepen the borewell. it is a skilled job most of the riggers prefer to drill a new borewell rather than deepning the existing one.

Running in night will not help you.
You can also go for recharging of borewell. IFFCO is offering free consultancy on this.

will running whole night without stop effect the motor?[quote=sri2012]
You have issues with ground water table. There is no enough water. May be some body has dug deeper borewell nearby, the water is getting drained there. If this is the case you have deepen the borewell. it is a skilled job most of the riggers prefer to drill a new borewell rather than deepning the existing one.

Running in night will not help you.
You can also go for recharging of borewell. IFFCO is offering free consultancy on this.
[/quote]

Yes. without load the motor get heated up and gets spoilt very soon.

HTH…Here is video on water harvesting … Its a long term solution…but kindly note iam not an expert on this subject.

Also pls explore the thread on water harvesting on this website

youtube.com/watch?v=91K-28X7qcM

Dear Siddartha,

Scenario 1:

The yield of your borewell dont seem to be adequate.My suggestion would be;

A)Have a V notch yield test done and identify the yield of your bore (Let us say your bore yield is ‘X’ LPH)
B)Have a pump that can discharge less than or equal to your bore yield (Let us say pump discharge is ‘Y’ LPH)

Ideally you would need to ensure that Y is < or = X, for the pump to run non-stop.

Alternatively,

Try to reduce your pump head if need to persist with the existing pump.

Scenario 2:

Check the cable size and ensure it meets the manufacturer’s requirement for a particular running distance.Could be a chance that your cable is not sized to carry sufficient current.

Also,

Please provide your bore and pump details for me see any other possibilities.

But,

Going by your post, your pump might / might not run nonstop during night. Why not give it a shot if your starter has dry run protection?

Hope this helps!

Regards.