Biofarms new "pineapple" production technology

DEAR PINEAPPLE FARMERS OF KERALA ,

RECENTLY WE HAVE COMPLETED THE SUCCESSFUL TECHNIQUE OF PINEAPPLE

PRODUCTION -( CONDUCTED TRIALS AT PIRAVAM & THODUPUZHA,KERALA)

ADVANTAGES OF TECHNIQUE:-

1.REDUCE FERTILIZER (SOIL APPLICATION ) UPTO 50%

2.INCREASE SIZE OF FRUITS EVEN DURING SUMMER SEASON (WEIGHT- length,girth)

-DARK GREEN COLOR, INCREASE SUGAR CONTENT

3.FAST GROWTH OF SUCKERS

1. UNIFORMITY IN FRUIT SIZE - THERE BY FETCH GOOD PRICE

MORE DETAILS CONTACT BIOFARMS, RAMAKKALMEDU,IDUKKI,KERALA

Dear Sir,
Pineapple can be grown well in Andhra Pradesh. It is highly drought tolerant, if

adequate irrigation is there it will give bumper production.

No. of suckers / acre - 10,000 plants expected production - 15- 18 tonnes

current price - Rs. 16- 18/kg.

If anyone really want more details of cultivation cost and after care i will post

photographs/ video

Farmnest people only asking no one is really practising in their field.

Thank you
Good luck

Bio Farms,

Few questions below,

Do pineapple need direct sunlight? Can we intercrop with Banana or areca or Coconut(I know a farm has done in coconut grove but many plants did not yeild).

What is the life span of sinlge plantation? I heard we can harvest 5 to 6 fruits/plant.

What are the common pests and desiease and how it can be controlled organically?

What is the row/column spacing?

What are the different verieties(sweetest).

If I want to prepare suckers from seeds, is it possible? Can we transplant?

Photoes and videos(post it on you tube and provide link here) are most welcome

“We have many farmers within us, I am an absentee farmer, I am member of local organic movement” Sad part of our nation is, full time farmers are not computer savys

We want to read more about your research acievements.

I would be interested to plant some pineapple as a pilot.

Kindly post details about this technique, with photos and videos if possible.

HI Chandra

If you get some pineapple, please count me in also to try it out

Shiv

Please count me in as well.

I am from Maharashtra around Kalyan

Would it be possible in these climatic conditions?

Thanks & Regards.

Sure guys, but looking at it closer, at Rs. 5 a fruit in retail, and 20t/acre at the end of its long crop duration, it does not seem to be immensely profitable?

Haii Chandra,
“Rs.5 a Fruit in retail” ? Are you serious ? I believe the procurement rate at wholesale mandis should be anywhere in between 15-20 a Kilo. Just imagine, if it is so cheap as you quoted, how will it be feasible for traders to bring it all the way from Kerala through out the year.

Even the local variety in I mentioned earlier is fetching nothing less than Rs.10 - 12 a fruit at shandies for the farmer. That too in the deep interior tribal areas.

Prakash.

Hi Farmnest Folks,
as a typical urbanite, i do not have much info about pineapple cultivation, but my friends and relatives in Malanad region grow it well. Pineapple is a relative of kattale plant (Kannada name), so it obviously quite drought hardy. While it grows well in arid regions, i was surprised to see that Banavasi, a small town deep inside Malanad region in Karnataka grows it extensively.

Abdul Rauf Abdulkarim Shaikh popularly called as, the “Pineapple king of Banavasi” cultivates pineapple, banana, papaya and pepper in his 300 acres.

The University of Agricultural Sciences (UAS), Dharwad, Karnataka, conferred the doctorate on Mr. Shaikh, for his pioneering work in pineapple and pepper by adopting latest technologies.

Read more about him in this link -
blogs.thehindu.com/delhi/?p=22396
regards
Learnlawry

Hi Prakash,

That came as a surprise to me when I heard it too. I understand loads of pineapple are brought and sold on horsebacks at Rs. 5 a fruit. The fruits are supposed to be small in this case, but all said, that is not more than 10-20 per kg whichever way we look at it. At 20t/acre, that would be 2-4 L gross after a full year - not bad, not great?