Biofarms- Managing Weeds with Biological Mulching

Dear All,

My Farm’s Experiment

Weeds were a headache to my farm. I used Gyphosate - many times- after each time I found the

weeds were growing more healthier than the earlier. We found that Sunlight is the main cause

o fweeds. To Prevent direct falling we boadcasted fodder sorghum ,Maize together (25 kg /acre)

+chemical fertilizers after light cultivation. Irrigated. Weeds and both started germination. To

speed up the growth of fodder sprayed Factomphos -1 kg +Urea-500 gm + Micronutrients -100 g

• Jagtonic -1 lits -sprayed on the whole plot. Then the fodder started fast growing and weeds

tried its level best to grow fast. But the problem was weeds become etiolated due to lack of

sufficient sunlight. After 65-90 we cut the fodder and spread all over the field, we started to

plant Elephat’s foot (SURAN) . Only disturbed the place where planting did.

This showed excellent Result ,Now We are not worrying about weeds.

Second system

Grown Cabbage + Elephan’s foot system with mustard on border side to restrict pest attack

in cabbage. regularly sprayed Lime -500 gm + 250 gm/200 lits water - make plants so hard.

Third system

Planted Sugar beet cuttings (Row spacing 1 meter) , in the row spacing 50cm gave proper

fertilizer application and irrigation, Within 2-3 months the wines covered the whole soil surface.

There by prevented falling of sunlight to the soil. When ever a farmer wish to plant any vegetable

/or any plant in lines just displace the wines from the soil and plant the desired one pre-

germinated in disposible glass and plant in the pit, cover the wines in the original position.

Plse practice and give your feed backs

Thank you
Good Luck