Benefits of mulching mango trees

Most seed shops in Hyderguda, Hyderabad stock them. You can PM me when you want to buy larger quantities for a few manufacturer contacts and then do a cost compare.

The most common colour is silver & black and there are other colours that are supposed to be better for specific crops and insects.

I had used some plastic mulch before but am trying to move towards natural mulches. Please evaluate that as well - it should be fairly doable for mango.

Hello,

Mulching will help you to create conditions similar to conditions in a Natural Forest leading
eventually to the “DO NOTHING” concept. No Irrigation, no applying of any type of Fertilizer
including Organic & pest control will happen naturally. Only natural mulching can create this &
much more-“WAPSA”. Rain Water percolation & availability of the subsurface water during
intense summer to the roots zone of the plants/trees are facilitated by Wapsa. Natural Mulching
alone can enrich the humus content in the soil which is essential for getting not only tasty
fruits but also rich in essential nutrients. Natural Mulching alone can help in the propagation of
Earth Worms & other essential micro organisms which are so essential for plant/tree growth. Please
remember that application of natural compost Or Jeevamruth as advocated by Guruji Subhash Palekar
is very very important & essential. I would strongly suggest avoiding these Mats & mulching by using
plastic sheets as they are likely to degrade the soil.

KS Raj

Thank you all for your inputs on Multching.

As of now I am not using any mulching but would like to try a few here and see how that works. I have a drip for my mango trees and would like to know when I try to administer some kind of fertilizer the mulch sheet will be a hindrence but if we supply the fertilizer through drip this should be overcome.