AN INSIGHT INTO DWARF Vs TALL HYBRID COCONUT PLANTATION AND WAYS FOR MORE YIELD

I get on an average 5 beetles in total 3 traps
That I have put in my field… But the buggers dont stop… Don’t know from where they come.

Sampoorna variety of Deejay is good. I have 50 Sampoorna and 50 Pushkala. All the best to you. Let us know the progress.

Dear @vaishak ,
Kindly tell me which trap are you using?
How you are using? Kindly explain inndetails ;D

Dear Khannae,

I have attached a picture of the trap that I am using. There are three rectangle holes one inch below the top on the sides of the bucket. Inside in the lid there is a phermone capsule which is hanged. We fill the bucket with water and close the lid. And hang it using a pole in the field. I have hung three such traps in one acre. Every morning I find beetles in it even though my orchard is pretty clean and there are no breeding ground for them. They must be coming from nearby orchards.

Also adding rotten stinking bananas in the water help to attract beetles

Thanks @vaishak
It looks like PCI Coco trapp
Is there any need to puncture the RBlure ?

Respected @ RAMU sir @vaishak brother
Day 2 of Coco trapp problem seems to have flared up
Zero insects in buckets but more than usual plants affected
Followed instructions
Attached schematic map of my land,red marked are Coco trapps(pheromone)
Kindly advice I have spent my fortunes over this land and plants :'( :frowning: :-[

Puncture the capsule… Place one on each side and two in the middle of the layout. What size are your trees. If they are 5 feet or smaller. Dig up slowly the earth and check for a small hole in the selling nut through which the beetle went inside. Alternatively take a mug of water and pour it in the whorl. Check where the water is coming off on the ground. Now that you got the hole in the seedling nut put finger or some metal object and pull the beetle out and kill… Check for a couple of trees that you think are affected. But not sure why your phermone traps are not working… Put some rotten bananas in the water in the trap today and check tomorrow… All the best

Dear @vaishak
I have not punctured pheromone capsule as it is not mentioned in manual
Trees are different sizes 1,2,3 year’s
Thank you :'(

Mr Khannae,

Have you done the plantation… Can you please share some pics

@vaishak
Sorry for late response
I planted coconut saplings
Details
100 Deejay sampoorna , sourced from Madurai Tamil Nadu collected in Bangalore Rs 425/sapling
Saplings were very small ,I was not satisfied with saplings but had no option

35 tiptur tall Laalbaagh Bangalore Rs 75
35 Ceylon dwarf Laalbaagh Rs 150
Spacing 23x23 feet
No pit preparation was done
Put 5 KGS of vermicompost , neem cake
Attaching pics

I planted in November 2015. The plants were very small then. Attaching latest pic after 8 months. Grown well now.

quote author=khannae link=topic=4891.msg25830#msg25830 date=1467703152]
@vaishak
Sorry for late response
I planted coconut saplings
Details
100 Deejay sampoorna , sourced from Madurai Tamil Nadu collected in Bangalore Rs 425/sapling
Saplings were very small ,I was not satisfied with saplings but had no option

35 tiptur tall Laalbaagh Bangalore Rs 75
35 Ceylon dwarf Laalbaagh Rs 150
Spacing 23x23 feet
No pit preparation was done
Put 5 KGS of vermicompost , neem cake
Attaching pics
[/quote]