Agriculture development project and training in Bangalore

Dear Mr. Swamy,

Very nice indeed. Pardon my questions, I am fairly ignorant when it comes to drip:

1. Why are the drip lines laid across the furrows?

2. When the land needs to be tilled the next time, do you roll up the drip lines to get them out of the way? Or is there a way to leave them in place?

3. Is this system gravity fed or through a pump? What HP pump motor if there is one? Given the depth of the main/sub lines, I assume a pump is needed.

4. Is there a sump feeding this system?

5. You mentioned a 40cm spacing - can this be modified or can each feeder be individually crimped so if needed, can the spacing be changed to 80 cm by crimping alternate lines?

6. What is the typical life of: 1. The main/sub lines and 2. The drip lines?

7. What is the indicative cost of this system, end to end, for the 3 acre lot (excluding subsidy)?

8. How does one flush the drip system to combat salt formation from hard water?

Ans-You can use drip lines as for your convenience.

Ans-Drip pipes can be rolled/shift to another opposite plot or remove during tilling.

Ans-12.5 HP bore well motor fitted under 400 feet deep, no extra pump is required.

No, it is not required.

Ans- Spacing of dripper can be 30 cm, 40,60 cm or any other measurement as per your crops water requirement. You can pre order for your required spacing.

Their no typical answer for this question, it depends on how you take care of them. That is why I under laying them in the ground to protect and enhance their life span. I am expecting their life span for 20 years, in worst case scenario 10 years.

Indicative cost will depends on the spacing of drip lines and pipe lines.
Cost depends on the way of execution- Through Dealer in one rate, personal installation is different rate for same product.

Use bleaching powder or any other chemical to address such problem.
I invite attention of any chemical engineer or expert to provide more options/information to this question.

Dear All,
Today I successfully completed installation of drip lines.
Water is sent to each and every part of the land and result is good.

HI?
Due to problem on water yield plantation work was delayed as I was busy with corrections of bore well motors power/capacity and limited water yeild.
However now Varuna Deva graced us here in Bangalore to provide continues rains from past 10 gays and encouraged me to go ahead with plantation.

Apple, Arrow Root, Banana, Butter fruit, Passion fruit, Citruses Orange Lemon, all season Lemon, curry leafs, cinnamon, Drumstick dates, elephant yam and elephant foot turmeric,Fig, 40 veriety Grasses for Sheep farming, Jack Fruit, Jambu Nerale, Kiwi, Lakshman phal, 3 veriety Lemons, Mango, Meliad Dubia,Mysore Rospberry Orange, Papaya, Pannerale and many more sapling are ready in nursery started in the project are ready for plantation.

Expecting to complete within a week as heavy rains stops every day’s work.

Interestingly, No Internet Farmers and Agri enthusiast came for training or seeing except those who are really doing farming.

Hi All
The project started on 10 June-2012 for 1st September 82nd day.
Today planted Papaya saplings. Further more inter crops and work needs to be carried out.

Hello Sir

Myself Harish from Tumkur and I am a agri lover and I want to see myself as a farmer in coming years but the problem is I don’t know the ABCD of agriculture, but I want to achieve something in agriculture, I dont know why, agriculture field is attracting me like a magnet, since from few months back I am reading your posts in this website, I am planning to visit your farm with in 15 days, I am asking your support in my journey to become a farmer

Hi Harisha,
Why not? You can very well do agriculture, I can guide you.

Hi Swamy,

Pictures look very impressive.

Couple of quick questions…do you do any fertigation via the driplines? What sort of fertilizers do you normally use?

Thanks in advance
Biju

Hello Swamy Sir,

Please continue this thread. Could you please post some pictures of current status.

Jeevamrutha and other growth promoters can applied through fertigation tank fitted with drip pipeline.
Even it can apply through manual efforts,

Iam busy with another project, hence could not get latest status, shortly get back with present status.
Thanks for your interest.

Hi I am j Reddy from hebbala I want to attend your training program but now only I saw this add it is 1 year old is it pos to atnd now and also i dnt have swamys no can u pls display it here or send it to my ID:jaga_chaitu@yahoo.co.in or msg me to my no 9741085135

[quote=jagadish]
Hi I am j Reddy from hebbala I want to attend your training program but now only I saw this add it is 1 year old is it pos to atnd now and also i dnt have swamys no can u pls display it here or send it to my ID:jaga_chaitu@yahoo.co.in or msg me to my no 9741085135
[/quote] Hi Reddy? My Number is in my signature below.

Hi? Now few fruits are ready to consume, this summer may not be hot full as weather forecast is favoring to get rains in short time.

Now training consisting of Agriculture activities with visiting local markets to know the agri produce business, Horticulture and art of doing business with your products, Animal husbandry along with market survey, dairy visits and meeting with local private and public dairies and farmers associated with it. Visiting nearest progressive Farmers is also part of training.

Additionally, watching of wild animals like peacock, wild bore, bear etc and identifying wild fruits are part of the training.

Mango, Cashew and other wild fruits are ready and welcoming your arrival.

Really Great to read you and your experiences swami ji :slight_smile:
Keep going, Hope someday i will also get training from you :smiley:
All the best

Rgds

Today we (my wife and I) had the honor of visiting Swamy Sir at his farm near Tumkur. He was extremely gracious, hospitable and generous with his time. Since his helpers were away, he himself plucked tender coconut (very expertly I must say) and served it to us, together with some very choice bananas and cashew fruit. He was also very patient in explaining how to go about setting up our farm (we have 1 acre at Shoolagiri), how to decide which crops to grow, how to organise drip irrigation and a lot of other very useful tips and tricks. We spent a very enlightening 2 hours in his company, and he showed us around his farm, shared his plans, and asked us to help ourselves to the delicious cashew fruits and raw totapuri mangoes.

I consider myself very lucky to have met him and learn from him, and look to his continued mentorship and guidance (which he graciously agreed) as I work on setting up my own farm.

Narayan Kamath

Nice to hear.
I am just wondering why he is so silent on the forum these days! :-\

Can you expand the full form of ZBSF ?

What are the expenses till date ?