Acidic soil treatment

How to treat the acidic soil to improve the soil ph?

What process to follow, what organic or chemical fertilisers to use?

Thanks

Not an answer for your question, but we can create a wiki page with this information once we have some info on this topic.

Dear chandra Sir,

Happy NEW Year, Now I am active,

Acidic soil Reclamation

Dissove 100 kg Sodium hydroxide in - 200 lits water + Humic acid - 5 kg – Mix the whole contents

in 2 tonnes of Dolomite/ lime and allow to dry – apply 200-250 kg/acre broad cast the powder

retain 5- 6 inches water to the plot for 24 hrs. There by you can increase the pH without any

difficulty.

Risk - Handling causic soda is highly risky, while operation wear protective eye glasses, gloves,

boots etc.

This is the cheapest system and developed by biofarms – A new year gift to “Farmnest members”

Thank you
Biofarms

Welcome back biofarms!
Also please feel free to post pictures of of where the techniques have been successfully applied since a picture speaks a thousand words.

Thanks,
Chandra

Application of dolomite is the recommended practice. you can apply lot green manure and or grow green manure crop insitu and plough back the plants when it attains flowering stage. Repeated green manure application would stabilise the pH of the soil

Sir,

In Idukki, pH value is ranging between 4.0 - 5.5 , Acidic pH We can find Aluminium toxicity,

hinder phosphate availability., microbial activity etc… ,Cardamom this technique is widely using

within 24 hours can reclamize the soil. This is a proven technique already tested in vegetables,

and is new to farmnest members, old to cardamom farmers.

Thank you
Biofarms

yes application of lime is the standard and well proven practice.

Dear chandra sir,

I will post all photographs soon , because now i am in my native place. I don’t want to waste my time

with any members. If anyone want plse do ,otherwise forget, I am not a consultant and not

intererested in unwanted discussions. Biofarms is not an organization strictly helping farmers

really following our steps. After seeing the results i am ready to discuss the technical details.

Thank you
GoodLuck

Dear Suresh sir,

Any good advice is never a waste of time. We just need to do what we can to help and leave the rest.
Thanks for your initiative.

THIS IS STRICTLY IF U WANT TO USE LAND FOR AGRICULTURE, TRY THIS:

1. REMOVE 2 FEET OF TOP SOIL
  2. MAKE A MIXTURE OF:
    a) WHITE LIME / Na OH
    b) ROCK PHOSPHATE
    c) FLY ASH
    d) DOLOMITE POWDER
    e) GYPSUM
    f) DRY MUNICIPAL SLUDGE
    g) COW DUNG/GOBAR
  3. MIX IT WITH REMOVED TOP SOIL
  4. SPREAD IT BACK ON LAND
  5. FILL WITH WATER FOR 3 DAYS
  6. AFTER WATER HAS SEEPED IN, PLOUGH IT
  7. KAKE A MIXTURE OF VERMI COMPOST, BONE MEAL, STARA MEAL, NEEM KHALI AND NEEM PESTICIDE
  8. SPREAD IT ON THE LAND
  9. GROW WHAT U WANT TO
  10. LET ME ME KNOW THE RESULT

GOOD LUCK

MANISH KOSHAL
agrogreens@gmail.com

Agrogreens,

My GOD :astonished: . dont you think its better to sell the land and buy new piece of land rather than doing all the above and

“9. GROW WHAT U WANT TO
10. LET ME ME KNOW THE RESULT”

grow and report the result to you ?? :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

;D ;D ;D

Regards

Murali

this is a high cost, exorbitant and round about exercise. removing top soil is suicidal

Hi,

Now we know why farmers commit suicide. ;D ;D

Regards

Murali

removing soil and addition of so many ingridients would not be required in management f acid soils. There are many crops which can successfully under acidic conditions and while doing so they would contribute to nutralize the soils. such crops can be grown. As an immidiate measure without having any other data for reference one can definitely advise growing drumstic which has tolerence to acidity and drought. one can also grow groundnut in such soils. If you irrigation facility grow banana. it gives enoug returns while minimising your expediture on soil management. when u have rains grow green manure crops such as sunhemp and such others. soil replacement is the lost resort if one has money and has plans to grow high valuecommercial crops .

This forum should provide such advise which are economical and practical and not to drive the farmers to madness

I read these info somewhere.May be it will help you. To increase your pH by 1.0 point and make your soil more alkaline:

• Add 4 ounces of hydrated lime per square yard in sandy soils
  • Add 8 ounces of hydrated lime per square yard in loamy soils
  • Add 12 ounces of hydrated lime per square yard in clay soils
  • Add 25 ounces of hydrated lime per square yard in peaty soils

lime application with growing certain green manure crops would certainly enhance the soil pH

Is adding lime part of organic practice?. do you have any other more organic ways for this?

lime is basically a natural product and totally organic