2 fruitful years of FarmNest.com! (now crossed 12!)

As FarmNest.com completes 2 fruitful years, we would like to take this opportunity to thank the FarmNest community.

Whether it is some sound advice or words of encouragement to a newbie, an offer to provide the spare seed material free to a fellow farmer or lending one’s equipment to a neighbour, FarmNest is proud to be an open facilitator to the farming community. The members’ meets in Bangalore and Hyderabad have been fun and we have personally learnt much from the online and offline discussions.

The entry into the third year is marked by a little spicing up of the site look and some enhancements to the attachments’ display in posts. Do let us know on this topic what you think of the changes, even if you believe your eyes hurt. Stay tuned to a farm photo contest and a new way to reward consultants for advice provided on the forum.

Do tell us your ideas on what we can do differently and better that helps the farming community!

Cheers,
Chandra

Congratulations on the Milestone, and Thank YOU for an excellent forum.

Congratulations on the 2nd birthday! Many more years to come and many more milestones to cross bringing light, hope, information, contacts and friendship to the community!

Cheers,

John

Farm photo contest? Good, I wants to see more photos of our farmers field/orchard photos.
Reward for consultancy? Really unique idea which may be first time in its kind in Forums like this.

Congratulations

Regards,
V.Siva Rathinam
Kulalumpur

Congratulations Chandra.

Congratulations!!! This forum is indeed a wealth to all the folks. Keep up the good work.

Thanks
Tej

CONGRATULATIONS…CHANDRAJI…ur baby…2great years young and energetic

wonderful
congratualtions to chandra and all the people who have contributed to the site.
great bunch of people with real time info. Have been so inspired by all .

madhavi

My Hartley congratulations for second anniversary

dear chandra sir,congratulations for our lovely babies 2nd birthday. It should continue for 100 yrs,with dedication. gprao,farmer.

Dear Mr Chandra
on this year of 2nd of anniversary, I wish the Forum to Expand still broader among the farmer community to realise the real Green Revolution in our country.
Best of luck

R Vasudevan

Hearty Congratulations on your second anniversary!!.

Murali Krishnan

Dear Chandra,

Thank you very much for providing this platform to the farming community. We appreciate your time and effort spent in running the site. Kindly let us know if we can share your load in day to day maintenance of the site or any other simple task, which you feel can be lend to the reliable forum members.

Suggestion: We can add product reviews to the forums. Farmers can post their good/bad reviews for the Seeds, nurseries, fertilizers, farm equipment etc.

Keep up the good work.

regards,
Muneeb

Congratulations on achieving this important milestone!

Note of thanks to Chandra for creating and maintaining this wonderful portal and to all contributing members.

Farmnest ranks high among my list of daily reads.

Thanks everyone.

@Mohammed.Muneeb
Thanks for offering to help. We will reach out to some of you for some help in the near future.
brijesh helps with the forum moderation and has been a great support; as we see increasing posts we will need more hands for sure.

Great suggestion on product reviews. We can add a section and see if we have some reviews coming.
Edit: now created

Hi Chandra

Do you plan to merge ‘thank you’ and ‘reputation’ features? They serve the same function.

You caught me in the middle of the transition!
No more adding reputation; the old reputation values will be left to display for a while though. Just thanks now :slight_smile:

Great. That’s a big improvement. I suspect that a lot of people didn’t use “add reputation” because they didn’t know what it was for. That will change now. “Thank you” is self-explanatory.

Exactly!
Planning on a way to use the thanks for preferential treatment on ads - stay tuned.